Goals

I am a senior at Laguna College of Art and Design studying rigging and animation for game. For my senior project, I am creating two characters and rigging/animating them. I am also interested in cinematics, so after I graduate, I will be creating a short (1 min at most) cutscene with the characters.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Inspiration and Influences

When explaining the story behind this project, I usually start with my inspiration.  This year, I actually just started playing online with complete strangers.  Sure, there was the occasional jerk, but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised with how people interact with each other online.
I noticed three particular kinds of players:

  1. People who are lost and have never played the game before.
  2. People who have played the game before and take it upon themselves to guide those who haven't.
  3. People who act as guardians but let less experienced players find their own way.
I used these archetypes to craft my characters: the Lost, the Guide, and the Guardian.  These would be the playable characters.
In terms of story and mood, here are my story influences: